ISER helps parents find services for their kids with special needs free of charge. It also provides advertising services to special education professionals, schools, and programs at very modest rates.
A parent can find a local education professional who will: accompany her through the local school's IEP process, help to diagnosis her child's learning difficulty, and locate the best school for her child.
A parent who is moving to a new town can contact local professionals who can help make the transition smoother for a special needs child.
A local education consultant or therapist, can advertise her services nationwide for a minimal fee.
A professional or organizaton can advertise its services to the special needs professional community of schools and individual practitioners
www.iser.com currently provides the following directories of special needs services:
- Learning Disabilities Assessment -- Find the right person or organization to assess your child's learning issues.
- Special Needs Therapy -- If therapy is appropriate, find the right therapist -- be it physical therapy, speech therapy, occupation therapy, or psychological therapy -- to help your child or teen.
- Special Needs Advocacy -- Find the right Advocate for your child. This may mean a coach, an educational consultant, an attorney, or an organization.
- Attorneys and Expert Witnesses -- Attorneys who can help you with special education legal issues such as procuring the right school programs for your child with special needs. We also list Qualified Expert Witnesses who can testify on your child's behalf in court. We also list attorneys who can help you with special needs estate planning for your child's protection
- Special Needs Learning Centers -- Learning Centers attuned to the needs of kids and teens with special needs. This may include specialized learning centers, pre-school programs, and special needs tutors
- Special Needs Educational Alternatives -- Schools, programs, and tutors attuned to the needs of kids and teens with special needs
- Attention Deficit Disorder Resources -- Disagnosis and Treatment for kids with ADD and ADHD. Includes schools and programs geared toward the needs of kids with ADHD
- Special Needs Tutors -- Tutors and tutoring services geared particularly to the needs of kids with special needs.
- Special Needs Software and Assistive Technology -- programs and software products to make life easier for kids with special needs
- Resources for kids with Autism -- Programs, schools, therapists, counsellors, and organizations for kids with Autism, PDD, and Aspergers
- Dyslexia Help for Kids and Teens -- Schools, products, programs, and tutors for kids with dyslexia and related issues
- Help for At Risk Teens -- Special Programs for teens struggling with a variety of difficult issues including drug and alcohol addiction among others
- Teen Eating Disorders -- Programs and therapists for teens with Anorexia, Bulimia, severe overeating issues
- Special Needs Products -- Learning Aids, physical aids, software aids, diagnostics aids, and toys for kids and teens with special needs
- Teen Transport -- Find a safe and responsible transport/escort service to get your teenager to a special program or school
- Special Needs College Programs and College Prep -- prepare your LD teen for college by finding the right programs and the right advice.
- Special Education Professional Resources -- Products, services, and professional organizations of interest to special needs professionals
Disclaimer: Internet Special Education Resources (ISER) provides this information as an aid to people seeking local special education professionals. ISER does not recommend or endorse any particular special education referral source, type of special education professional, or specific special education professional.
ISER Home | First Steps | Planning | Navigating LD assessment | ADHD assessment| planning for college educational alternatives | therapy | advocacy| special needs articles
list with www.iser.com